(hereinafter generically referred to as “Passepartout Websites”
Cookies are small text files that are inserted in the device (computer
) used by the user to visit the Website. These files are saved in the directories used by the User's web browser.
Below is a brief description of the types of cookies generally used in Websites and subsequently those specifically used by the PPT Website.
I. Types of cookies generally used
There are many technologies used to store information on the User's computer, which are then collected by Websites. Among these the most commonly known and used is that of HMTL cookies. They are used for browsing and to facilitate access and usage of the Website. They are necessary for the transmission of communications on the electronic network therefore required for the supplier to provide the service requested by the customer.
The options available for activating and deactivating cookies may vary depending on the Internet browser used. In any case, the User can manage or request the general deactivation or the cancellation of cookies, by modifying the settings of his internet browser. This deactivation can slow down or prevent access to some parts of the Website.
The use of technical cookies allows the safe and efficient use of the Website. The cookies that are inserted in the browser and retransmitted using Google Analytics or the statistics service of bloggers or similar are technical only if used for Website optimization purposes directly by the owner of the Website to collect information in aggregate form on the number of users and how they visit the Website. If these conditions are met, the same rules in terms of information and consent provided for technical cookies apply also for Google Analytics cookies.
From the point of view of duration, we can distinguish between temporary session cookies that are automatically deleted at the end of the browsing session and are used to identify the user to avoid logging on every page visited and permanent cookies that remain active in the user’s PC until expiry date or when cancelled. Session cookies may be installed to allow access and usage in the reserved area of the portal as an authenticated User. They are stored only for the duration of the session and they disappear once the browser is closed.
Their use is strictly limited to the transmission of session identifiers consisting of causal numbers generated by the server and necessary to allow the safe and efficient exploration of the Website. In particular, Passepartout Websites use the following technical session cookies: ASP.NET_SessionId (duration of browsing session); contains information on the browser session and allows users to access the Website.
In relation to provenance, we distinguish between the cookies which are sent to the browser directly from the Website you are visiting and those of third parties sent to the computer from other Websites and not from the one currently visiting. Permanent cookies are often third-party cookies.
Most third-party cookies consist of tracking cookies and are used to identify online behavior, understand interests and customize advertisements for users.
Third-party analytical cookies may be installed. They are sent from the domains of the aforementioned third parties external to the Website.
Third-party analytical cookies are used to collect information on user behavior. The detection takes place autonomously to monitor the website’s performance and improve usability. The third-party profiling cookies are used to create new profiles related to users, in order to display advertising messages in line with the choices expressed by users.
The use of these cookies is governed by rules set forth by the third parties themselves, therefore users are invited to read privacy policies and instructions to manage or disable cookies published on the relative web pages.
Profiling cookies are those used to create User profiles and are used to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed while browsing online.
When these types of cookies are being used, the User must give explicit consent.
Technical cookies to save preferences
These cookies allow to remember the preferences selected by the User.
Statistics and audience measurement cookies
These cookies collect data on how users interact with the Passepartout Websites in an anonymous and aggregate way. This allows to optimize the Website.
II. Cookies used in the Passepartout Websites
Third-party technical cookies for the correct functioning of technical services.
These cookies provide anonymous / aggregate information on how visitors browse the Website.
- Google ( http://www.google.it/analytics/learn/privacy.html);(http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/cookies )
- ga (duration: 2 years)
- SID, APISID, HSID, SAPISID, SSID, NID, PREF, ULS (duration: variable from browsing session to 2 years depending on the specific cookie)
- OTZ (duration: 30 days)
- __utma, _utmb, __utmz, _utmv (duration: variable from 24 hours to 2 years depending on the specific cookie)
- AddThis ( http://www.addthis.com/privacy )
- _conv_r, _conv_s, _conv_v, _ga, _gat, di2, dt, km_ab_cbp, km_ai, loc, uid, uit, um, user_segment, uvc, vc (duration: variable from 24 hours to 2 years depending on the specific cookie)
- Linkedin ( http://it.linkedin.com/legal/cookie-policy )
- Bcookie (duration: 2 years)
- lang (duration: browsing session)
- lidc (duration: 24 hours)
- Twitter ( https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=it- https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170519-uso-dei-cookie-e-di-altre-tecnologie-simili-da-parte-di-twitter )
- guest_id, pid, remember_checked, remember_checked_on, twll, eu_cn, lang (duration: variable from browsing session to 2 years depending on the specific cookie)
- Zopim (https://www.zopim.com/privacy)
- __zlcmid (duration: 1 year)
III. How to disable cookies using browser configuration options
Click on "Tools" then "Internet Options". In the Privacy tab, select "block all cookies" or "allow all cookies", and then click OK.
Click on "Tools" and select the "Options" menu. Click on the "Privacy" tab, untick the "Accept cookies" box and click OK
Open the "Edit" menu and select "Preferences". Click on "Privacy", configure the " cookies block " setting on “always" and click OK.
Click on the Chrome menu in the browser toolbar. Select "Settings". Click on "Show advanced settings". In the "Privacy" section, click on the "Content settings" button. In the "Cookies" section, select "Do not allow Websites to store data" and check "block cookies and third-party Website data", then click OK.
If you use any browser, search for how cookies are managed in the browser settings.
IV.How to disable third-party services cookies
- Google Services (https://goo.gl/WX9WPk)
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/help/cookies?ref_type=Websitefooter)
- Twitter (https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170514-twitters-use-of-cookies-and-similar-technologies#)
- Linkedin (https://www.linkedin.com/legal/cookie_policy)
- Youtube (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=it&gl=it)